Terms and Conditions
TERMS & CONDITIONS FOR TRIVIAGANZA CAMPAIGN (“CAMPAIGN”)
The Campaign is held by Celcom Mobile Sdn Bhd (Company No. 27910-A) (“Celcom”). By participating in the Campaign, the Customer (as herein defined) hereby agrees to be bound by these terms and conditions which shall form an integral part and to be read together with terms and conditions of Customer Registration Form (CRF) and/or terms and conditions of the respective mobile/content service(s) offered and relevant to the Customer in respect of this Campaign.
In the event of a conflict or inconsistency between these terms and conditions and CRF and/or terms and conditions of the respective mobile/content service(s), such inconsistency shall be resolved by giving precedence in the following order (i) these terms and conditions (ii) terms and conditions of CRF and/or the respective mobile/content service(s).
Duration of the Campaign
This Campaign shall commence from 15/01/2018 to 14/05/2018 (“Campaign Period”). Any extension thereof shall be subject to the sole discretion of Celcom.
This Campaign shall be applicable to all Celcom’s postpaid and prepaid customers (“Customers”).
For the avoidance of doubt, the Campaign shall not be applicable to the following persons:
- Celcom’s employees (including its related corporation) (“Employee”) and their immediate family members;
- representatives, employees and/or agents of Celcom’s dealers and distributors;
- blacklisted customers of Celcom or any other telecommunication service providers; and
- All employees of Numbase Malaysia Sdn Bhd (including its related corporation) (“Employee”) and their immediate family members of the companies which cooperate with Celcom for this Campaign.
For clarity, immediate family members shall be:
- For unmarried/single Employee – their parents and sibling(s); and
- For married Employee – their spouse(s), parents and children.
- The Customers will receive either SMS notification or USSD invitations on their eligibility to participate in the Campaign.
- To participate in the Campaign, Customers need to subscribe to the Campaign by performing any of the following manners (“Subscription”):
- by sending “YES” to 26888; or
- via USSD by dialling *888*66# and click ”Subscribe”.
- Upon successful Subscription to the Campaign, the Customers shall receive SMS confirmation on their Subscription and further information regarding the prizes, awarding type, free participation period, points earned, and Campaign-related information from Celcom.
- The Customers shall be charged RM1.00 per day (“Subscription Fee”) from the fifth (5th) participation day onwards, which provides them with:
- a daily mobile content (“Content”); and
- a predefined amount of daily points (“Daily Points”).
- By subscribing to the Campaign, the Customers shall be entitled to a four (4) days free subscription period and interactivity (“Free Subscription Period”). On the third (3rd) day of the Free Subscription Period, the Customers will receive an SMS reminder from Celcom notifying them of the option to opt-out from the Campaign (“Opt Out”).
- The Subscription Fee will be applicable starting from the fifth (5th) day of the Subscription onwards in the event that the Customers did not Opt Out. To avoid being charged with the Subscription Fee, Customers can Opt Out from the Campaign before the Free Subscription Period ends.
- The Customers shall receive a question (“IOD Question”) upon successful Subscription. The IOD Question will be available for free during the Free Subscription Period only. Nevertheless, once the Free Subscription Period ends, the Customers shall be automatically charged RM 1.00 per Quiz Reply to Quiz Question (“Charge”). On the third day (3rd) day of the Subscription, the Customers shall receive an SMS reminder on the applicable Charge.
- During the Free Subscription Period, the maximum amount of IOD Questions to be answered is limited up to fifty (50) questions per day.
- In the event where the Customers opt to unsubscribe from the IOD Question, Customers need to unsubscribe the Campaign via the methods specified in clause 14 herein.
- Upon receiving the IOD Question as prescribed in Clause 7 above, the Customers shall receive two (2) choices of answers alongside the IOD Question.
- The Customer may answer the IOD Question by sending either “1” or “2” to 29888 which will entitle the Customer to receive points as prescribed in Clause 12 below. Once Customers answered, they shall receive a new IOD Question and the Charge shall be applicable based on the number of IOD Question answered. Standard SMS rate will be charged for every successful message sent to 29888.
- Subject to the clause 1-11 above, the Customers shall receive the following points for the following events:
- Opt-in Subscription : 50 points
- Daily Subscriptions : 100 points
- Correct answer : 200 points
- Wrong answer : 100 points
- Invalid answer : 100 points
- The Customer’s purchase is capped at RM 50.00 per day for IOD Question excluding the daily Subscription Fee.
- The Customers may Opt Out at any time during the Campaign Period by sending “STOP” to “26888” or “29888” or by dialling *888# via USSD and selecting the respective Unsubscription option. When Customers Opt Out of the whole Campaign, they are no longer subscribed to the Campaign and they shall not receive any further IOD Question. Pursuant to this clause, the Customers are no longer entitled for the Prizes offered once they have successfully Opt Out.
- All points that have been accumulated are kept in the Customers’ accounts in case of Opt Out and then re-join during the Campaign Period. If Customers Opt Out from the Campaign, and then opt-in again, they shall activate all previous points collected up until the time of Opt Out.
- After the Campaign Period ends (“Non-Campaign Period”), Customers can still continue the Subscription however the points collected during the Non – Campaign Period shall not be accumulated with the points collected during the Campaign Period. In the event the Customers did not Opt Out, this will be considered as continuation of the Subscription during the Non-Campaign Period and the Customers shall continuously be charged with the Subscription Fee of RM 1.00 per day and Charge for IOD Question (if any).
- Celcom shall select the Customers with the highest points who fulfil all of the requirements as the shortlisted Customers (“Shortlisted Customers”) to be in the running of winning the Prize (as defined herein). The Shortlisted Customers for each daily and weekly prize (“Prize”) will be determined based on the points accumulated:
- from their time of Subscription until the end of the respective day (23:59 Malaysian time); or
- within the weekly period that the weekly Prize is given. (Monday 00:01 to Sunday 23:59 Malaysian time).
- In the event of draw between Customers with the highest points, Celcom will further select the Customers with the earliest accumulated points as the Shortlisted Customers. For the avoidance of doubt, Celcom shall reserve its right in the selection of the Shortlisted Customers.
- All Customers subscribing to the Campaign are eligible to win the daily Prize, provided that they have been charged at least once during that day (00:01 to 23:59 Malaysian time).
- All Customers subscribing to the Campaign are eligible to win the weekly Prize, provided that they have been charged at least once during the respective week (Monday 00:01 to Sunday 23:59 Malaysian time).
- Celcom shall contact the Shortlisted Customers and they will be asked three (3) questions (“Questions”). Celcom shall select the Shortlisted Customers who manage to answer the Questions correctly as the winners (“Winners”) and they will be notified of their entitlement to the Prize via telephone. Celcom reserves the right to use any other method or medium it deems fit at its sole and absolute discretion for the purpose of notifying the Winners. The Customers may also refer to Big Win’s portal at www.bigwin.com.my for the list of daily and weekly Winners.
- The Winners are entitled to win the followings Prizes:
- Daily Prize: RM 1,000
- Weekly Prize: RM 30, 000
- For avoidance of doubt, Celcom reserved the right to change the Prize at its sole discretion with a notification to the Customers.
- The Winners must be an active Celcom’s postpaid or prepaid subscribers as specified in this term and conditions until the Prize Giving Ceremony date to be eligible for the Prizes for this Campaign. Celcom reserves the right to forfeit the Prizes and select another Winner upon three (3) failed attempts to contact any of the selected Winners or failure to keep an active MSISDN.
- Each individual Customer shall be entitled to receive one (1) Prize per prize type (Daily/Weekly) and per identification number only. For clarification purpose, the daily Winner will also be eligible to be the weekly Winner once throughout the Campaign Period.
- The Winners must collect the Prize within a period to be specified by Celcom (“Prize Collection Period”) at a venue to be determined by Celcom and may be required to attend a prize-giving ceremony on a date and at a venue to be determined by Celcom (“Prize Giving Ceremony”). Celcom reserves the right to forfeit the Prize in the event that the Winners fail to collect the Prize within the Prize Collection Period or fail to attend the Prize Giving Ceremony.
General Terms and Conditions
- Celcom reserves the sole and absolute right to withdraw, amend, omit and/or vary any part or the whole of the terms and conditions of this Campaign without prior notice to the Customer herein stated and the Customer shall be bound to observe, perform and comply with the terms and conditions herein and any amendments thereof.
- Celcom’s decisions in any matter in relation to the Campaign shall be final and conclusive. Any request for appeal and review shall not be entertained.
- Celcom shall not be liable for any claim by the Customer or third-party claims or loses of any nature, including but not limited to, loss of profits, punitive, indirect, special, incidental, or consequential damages or for other damages and any related claims of any nature, including direct, indirect, third party, consequential or other damages resulting from or in connection with this Campaign.
- Celcom disclaims any liability for loss or damage to property or any personal injury or loss of life resulting from or in connection with this Campaign.
- The Customer acknowledges and agrees that Celcom reserves the rights to disqualify any participation if the Customer is in breach of its obligations or any terms and conditions of this Campaign. Notwithstanding the above, Celcom reserves the right to reject any participation or the Customer at its sole and absolute discretion without assigning any reasons whatsoever.
- Celcom does not take any responsibility in the event Customer is prevented from participating in the Campaign, as a result of certain technical restrictions or other limitations or force majeure which including but not limited to regulatory and/or government directive, act of God etc.
- All photographs, personal information and names submitted in the Campaign, service marks, trade names, trademarks are the property of Celcom.
- Celcom reserves the right, at its absolute discretion, to use the names, photographs, voice or video recordings and entries of the Customer for publicity, advertising, trade or Campaign purposes in any media, without first obtaining any consent nor making any payment whatsoever to the Customer.
- Except as expressly mentioned herein, Celcom shall not be responsible for any expenses and cost including out-of-pocket expenses related to or as a consequence of participating in this Campaign.
- All prizes offered under this Campaign are not transferable or in kind and shall be subject to availability of stock. Celcom reserves the right to substitute and replace the prize offered with another prize of equal value or higher value as Celcom deems fit.
- Celcom disclaims any warranties or liabilities for the merchantability and fitness of the prize under this Campaign. The warranties applicable for the prize are subject to the terms and conditions provided by the manufacturer or supplier of the prize.
- The content for the Campaign is provided by a third party (if applicable). Celcom does not filter or edit such content. The Customer acknowledges that Celcom is under no obligation to censor the content or information provided. Celcom disclaims all liability in relation to the content provided.
- In the event any of the provision in these terms and conditions is invalid, illegal and unenforceable under any applicable law or by any reasons whatsoever, the legality and enforceability of the remaining provisions shall not be affected.
- No delay or indulgence by Celcom in enforcing any terms or conditions herein shall constitute waiver by Celcom of the Customer’s breach of these terms and conditions.
- What is the “Triviaganza” Campaign?
The “Triviaganza” Campaign introduces a new Celcom Campaign in which participants shall receive interesting mobile content every day and experience an exciting Quiz Game while they will be given the opportunity to win amazing daily and weekly prizes.
- What are the “Triviaganza” Prizes?
Every day (excluding Sundays, that the weekly prize is gifted), the participant who has collected the highest number of points from his/her opt-in day/time to the “Triviaganza” Service till the end of the respective day will win RM1,000 each!
Every week(Monday 00:01 to Sunday 23:59 Malaysian time), the participant who has collected the highest number of points of the respective weekly period will win RM30, 000!
- What are the benefits if I join the “Triviaganza” Campaign?
If you join the “Triviaganza” Campaign, you will have the chance to win great daily and weekly prizes. You will receive valuable mobile content every day to your mobile phone and you will be able to participate in various exciting Quiz Games that will give you the opportunity to further increase your points towards the Prizes Competitions.
- How many Prizes does this Campaign gives?
The total number of prizes are 120! 103 daily prizes and 17 weekly prizes during the Campaign Period
- How many Prizes can a Participant win?
Each ID holder with a MSISDN can win maximum one (1) daily prize and one (1) weekly prize during the whole Campaign Period.
- Where can I find information about the Winners?
All information that you need about the “Triviaganza” Campaign and the winners is available on Big Win’s portal: www.bigwin.com.my
- If I win, how will I be informed?
Celcom will get in touch with you via phone call if you are the winner of any of the prizes.
- How and where do I claim my prize?
Celcom will contact you and inform you on the collection/delivery process (where and how you will receive your prize).
- Are the prizes transferable?
No. All prizes cannot be transferred or exchanged for cash or in kind.
- Who can win the daily prize?
Every day (excluding Sundays, that the weekly prize is gifted), the participant who has collected the highest number of participation points, will win RM1, 000 each! The participation points counting towards the Daily Prizes’ Competitions are those collected daily since the beginning of the Service until the end of the respective day. In order for a participant to be eligible to win the Daily Prize, he/she shall have been charged successfully at least once during that day. Each day/daily period starts at 00:01 and ends at 23:59 Malaysian time.
- Who can win the weekly prize?
Every week, the participant who has collected the highest number of participation points during each weekly period, will win RM30, 000 each! The participation points counting towards the Weekly Prizes’ Competitions are those collected during the respective weekly period. In order for a participant to be eligible to win the Weekly Prize, he/she shall have been charged successfully at least once during that weekly period. Each week/weekly period starts on Monday 00:01 and ends on Sunday 23:59 Malaysian time.
- What is the duration of the Campaign?
The Campaign starts on 15/01/2018 at 00:00:01 and ends on 14/05/2018 at 23:59:59. The total duration of the Campaign is 120 days.
- How will I register/enter the Campaign?
You can send SMS with a “YES” to the designated Short Code “26888”
Standard SMS charges shall apply for all SMS sent.
You can dial *888*66# for free as per USSD instructions to subscribe to the Campaign.
- How can I be informed about the points I have gathered?
You can send “BALANCE” to 26888.
- Which keyword can I send to Opt-out?
You can send “STOP” to 26888 or 29888 to opt out at any time during the Campaign Period.
- What do I do if I have any question or need help with a problem?
You can send “HELP” to 26888 or dial the Call Center number: 1111.
- I am not a subscriber of Celcom, can I participate?
Unfortunately, no. If you wish to join you can get a prepaid Celcom card or subscribe to any of Celcom’s postpaid plan and enter the Campaign by sending “YES” to 26888
- How many points do I earn for every IOD question that I answer?
If you answer the question correctly, you will get 200 points. If you give a wrong or invalid (other than option 1 or 2) answer, you will get 100 points. Within the Campaign there are bonus phases available which give you additional points.
- If I answer wrong to IOD questions, do I get points?
Yes, you get points. For each wrong answer you give, you will get 100 points, counting for the respective Prizes’ Competitions.
- Is there a limit as to the number of IOD Questions that I can answer?
Yes, every day you will able to answer up to fifty (50) quiz questions depending on your request. You will be charged RM 1.00/Quiz Reply to Quiz Question from the fifth (5th) participation day onwards.
- Do I lose my earned points?
Regarding the daily prizes, you never lose your participation points, the participation points are transferred to the next day and are valid till the end of the Campaign. However, regarding the weekly prizes, your participation points are reset every week.
- Can I transfer the points I have won in “Triviaganza” to other Campaigns of the Big Win portal?
No. The points earned shall be exclusively used for the purpose of this Campaign only.
- What is the cost of points and Mobile content I receive daily from 26888?
You receive automatically 100 points to your account daily, simply by being a participant, which counts for all competitions. The daily subscription charge is RM1.00/day (from the fifth participation day onwards).
- Will I be charged during the Free Subscription Period?
No subscription fee will be charged for the first four days of your participation (“Free Subscription Period”) Once the Free Subscription period ends, you will be charged the Daily Subscription Fee of RM1.00/ day.
- What I need to do to stop from being charged for the IOD question?
If you want to unsubscribe from the IOD question, you need to unsubscribe from the Campaign by sending STOP to 26888 or 29888.
- How does the IOD question works?
Upon subscribing , you will receive an IOD Question, to which you can reply for free during the Free Subscription period (RM1.00/Quiz Reply to Quiz Question from the fifth participation day onwards). If you answer the question, it adds extra points. From the fifth participation day onwards, you may ignore the question (not reply to it) to stop being charged.
- What is the cost of every SMS that I send to 29888?
Local SMS Rate: RM0.15
Quiz Game Rate: RM1.00/Reply to Quiz Question (from the 5th participation day onwards)
- Who cannot participate in the Service and win the prizes?
The whole personnel and trainees of Celcom and their direct relatives, all the employees of companies which cooperate with Celcom for the Campaign, VIPs, judges and Regulatory Committee Authority members.
For postpaid customers, 6% GST will be charged on monthly bill. For other payment methods, 6% GST will be charged upon checkout.